[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
• View topic - 1997 Ford Ranger
It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 04:06
If you are new here and want to register an account send an email to info@rewtcustoms.com so I know your a real person and activate your account.

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 1997 Ford Ranger
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:37 

I got this truck in a trade last year in april. It has been a great little truck that gets awesome gas millage and has not had a any problems except wheel bearing and a bad u-joint. here are a couple of pics the day I picked it up.

Alittle bit of damage..

PO really couldnt decided on a color.

And another color.

Post subject: Re: 1997 Ford Ranger
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:45 

1st thing I did was lowered it.

Front. Just cut the coils and added new caster shims.

Rear moved the axle from under the springs to on top of the springs, also added a set of shackles. PO removed them causing the rear end to bind and take out the U-joint.

And a after pic, also started sanding off the multi layers of paint.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:49 

I did alittle more work on the truck this morning. First here is a pic of what it looked like to start.

I started by removing everything off the front except the headlights.

Here is a pic of the grille before.

New paint.

Then did some stripping of the overspray off of the top of the griile chrome and headlight trim

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:50 

Here is another pic of the grille chrome half stripped.

And all put back together with some new parts.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:52 

After being pretty busy with customers cars this last week, I really didnt get to much time to work on my truck. I decided it was just to nice to stay inside and watch tv all day, so after I mowed the lawn I broke out the welder and body hammers and made my tailgate straight. I started by knocking off the bondo the PO spread over the old Emblem holes which didnt hold up very good. I then welded in the 4 small holes around the tailgate that were there for no reason that I could see.

First coat of filler.

After sanding and the 2nd coat.

And back onto the truck.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:53 

Found a place this morning that sells the aftermarket clear style taillights, so I went up and got a set and installed them.

Here is the before.

And the new.

And installed on the truck.

I was going to go with factory tailights, but these were cheap and I didnt have to pay shipping.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:56 

Its all one color again. Still has a couple of dents I need to adress and some sanding to to do. But its one color now and I can see what I need to fix alittle better.

All masked up and ready for the 2nd coat.

Still waiting for my valance.

Primered for now.

Also replaced the door speakers and add some tweeters. It was a kit that came with new speakers and crossover I installed into the door, sounds way better.

At this point I just started cruising and enjoying the truck for months, I then got a bagged s-10 in a trade, so i decided to fix some small stuff and paint the ranger.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:00 

This truck is now in the shop getting some new suspension mods, body straighten and then painted.
Here are a acouple of pics of the work I got done this afternoon.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:01 

gettin the rear mini C done today.

And all back together..

Gettin pressure washed tomorow, then back to have thr rear frame area painted, then paint.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:12 

Bedliner Refresh.

Before.

After.

And where I am today, I still got alittle more work to do on the bed, then it will get painted and reassembled.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 11:20 

Here are some of the pics of the new paint..

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 11:23 

And a few from outside.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 11:34 

And the interior.

First a couple before pics.

And changing it up.

and a pic of the new custom door panel.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 11:39 

And Here are some pics of the truck put all back together.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 11:43 

Next the truck got all new speakers, including front and rear and also added some tweeters and installed inside of the door new crossovers, next it is getting a custom speaker box with 1 10" sub and amp behind the seat.

Here is a pic of the crossover.

I will get more pics as soon as I start building the rest of the system.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 09:18 

Got all the touch up painting done, and have been driving this truck around. I am still looking to get a new headliner and visors to finish off the inside makeover.

I also ordered the front Valence yesterday and it will be here today so a quick paint job on it and install it onto the rig. Here is a pic of the style I ordered.

I also upgraded the door speakers to a new set of 5x7's I am testing to see If I want to offer them to our customers.

I will let you guys know if they work out and if your intrested in purchasing call the shop for a price.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 17:47 

I did get a couple of small things done this last couple of days.

First thing I did was painted the front and rear brakes and cleaned up the rims.

Then I ordered the front foglight Valence I have been wanting for a while. It came in this morining.

Before pic.

And after.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 07:03 

And got the valence installed this weekend. Now just to get some fog lights in there.

Next on the list is a new set of drop beams.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 07:10 

Have you Checked into what Lights will fit?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 14:30 

I just ordered a set of factory fog lights so I know they will fit. They should be here tommorow or monday.