[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
• View topic - 1966 Rambler American.
It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 04:00
If you are new here and want to register an account send an email to info@rewtcustoms.com so I know your a real person and activate your account.

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 1966 Rambler American.
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 20:23 

saved another one from the scrapper. Needs a fuel pump and the lower metal behind the rear tires are the only rust. Guy down the street had to many cars and his landlord said get rid of somthing. He knows im into cars, so He sold it to me really cheap.
Its a 1966 Rambler American 2dr. 199 straight six, 3 speed collum shift, bucket seats. I really haven't decided what I am going to do with this car yet, but my main goal is to make it reliable and safe to cruise with the whole family.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 20:36 

These pics are from the day I bought the car.

Nice uncut dash

Inside

The engine..

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 20:45 

Then I pushed her to the shop and started to drain all the old bad gas out. I then took the rear drivers tire off to get the bead cleaned and resealed.

Installed a new electric fuel pump and ran the wires to the ignition and fused it under the dash. Then changed the oil and replaced the valve cover gasket to get it to stop leaking

Chrome half light covers and fuzzy dice to the rearview.

Had to install a RewT sticker to rep the shop.

More to come on this project, first check out the brakes, then paint, interior, stereo system and a lot of 1 off custom touches. I will try to keep this updated.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 15:02 

I scored the original hub caps back.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2013, 05:52 

Update time.. I am really starting to like this car. I haven't done anything to it the last couple of months except driving it.. It is now in the shop getting straight and ready for paint. I also scored new front and rear seats in really good shape. I might put them in the car or just redo the rear seat.

Here are some pics of the strip down and prepping for paint.

and here is the worst of the rust in the whole car. I will be making a new custom patch piece by hand for this.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 11:28 

And now for some metal work. It didn't have the original hood orinment, so I decided to make a filler piece and weld it in. Here are a couple of pics.

Here is what I am starting with, all cleaned and ready.

The patch piece I made.

All welded up.

After alittle grinding.

And now ready for some filler primer.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 16:09 

Now moving back to the drivers rear 1/4 panel with all the rust. I had to cut out all the old and prep it for the new handmade custom patch panel.

Here is what I am starting with.

And after I got it all cut out.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 16:12 

Now time for some grinding and POR15 of the inner metal, then time to make the custom handmade patch panel.

PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 06:20 

Prepped and primered almost ready for the outer skin.

Handmade by me 3 piece patch panel.

Getting it all lined up ready for welding.

tacking it into place.

Now I just need to replace the rest of the wheel well and then grind, sand and prep for paint.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2014, 14:21 

More stuff done. finished welded the patch panel and ground it down smooth. then some body filler was use to make it all go away.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2014, 20:11 

With the heat the last couple of weeks its been hard working in the shop. So the other day My wife Jessica had some time off and wanted to help work on the Rambler. So I handed her the sander and paper and she went to town..

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015, 15:25 

The Rambler is now back in the shop for a few weeks getting the rest of the body work done and primered. I am also planning on painting it and getting the car all putt back together with some custom touches. I have been body hammering the passenger quarter panel getting all the small dents out and ready for primer.
Also am thinking about shaving the door handles, but I just really like the feel of a good handle. Will post up some pics soon as I remember to take the time to get some pictures!

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2016, 10:43 

*Update*

The Rambler is straight and primered. I got that done last year and the car has been in my garage since. I have been working on the interior and replaced the carburetor and have been driving it. Still needs a few more things, but its slowly getting done and will be finished up in the next few months!

Attachments:
20151019_182057.jpg
20151019_182057.jpg [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 52711 times ]
20150306_154852.jpg
20150306_154852.jpg [ 2 MiB | Viewed 52711 times ]
20150306_154844.jpg
20150306_154844.jpg [ 1.95 MiB | Viewed 52711 times ]