[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
• View topic - 1991 S-10
It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 17:46
If you are new here and want to register an account send an email to info@rewtcustoms.com so I know your a real person and activate your account.

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 1991 S-10
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:15 

I got a 1991 S-10 from a club member that was already bagged with 20's and shaved door handles.

My plans for the build is.
*Make it reliable and safe for the whole family.
*fix all the body work and raise the bed floor.
*get all the tanks out from inside to under the floor.
*new grill and accesorys to change it up a bit.
*Paint and other body mods to make it my own.

Here is a pic of what I am starting with. I will updates the pics tommorow to show all the progress I have made so far.

Last edited by RewT on 28 Apr 2013, 12:48, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My 91 S-10
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:16 

First thing I pulled out all the unused wiring ran through the cab and engine bay, then started securing all the wiring from front to back. I also Replaced the broken Toggle switch for the air tank with a new one, and installed a brand new Pioneer CD player. I also added a hidden switch for the door poppers.

I then put a new set of valve cover gaskets due to the fact the olds ones sucked and was leaking pretty bad, then did a full tune up at that point also. I also removed the drivers inner fender well at this time and relocated and secured everything that was mounted to it.

I then decided to upgrade the rear air lines and fittings. I went down to 3/8's lines in the rear due to the fact it lifted the tires off the ground when you would raise it up and make me hit my head on the ceiling. I also started cleaning and checking all lines and fiitings chasing down air leaks, and replace connectors.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:18 

I then decided to find out why it rattled so bad on the front end, after removing the wheel and checking the bags and bumper mounts Ed grabbed the caliper and it moved, all the bushing and sleeves were worn out and making a crap ton of noise. $6 later and 2hrs of labor and no more noise.

Next I replaced the weather seal on both sides of the truck, and the door pins on the drivers door due to the fact the door was sagging and not sealing very good and letting water into the cab. I also welded up all the cracks around the door striker so now when you pop the door it acutally opens..

Ed hooked me up with his Tanue cover off the mazda, so now the tanks are atleast hidden. I also removed the bench seat and went back to a pair of buckets, didnt care very much for the bench. I also cut off that huge hunk of metal that someone welded to the front frame horn.

Here is a pic of the New to me cover.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:18 

The latest upgrade we did earlier this week was a new prototype electric air compressor. I got tired of wating 20min to go anywhere if my tank needed air. So what I did was remove the driverside little compressor and plumbed in the new one also rewiring the relay and adding a larger ground. I now go from 0 to 140 in about 2;.5 to 3 min. I am going to be doing a real test tommorow so I will post up some numbers and some pics.

And a pic of the new compressor.

More info to follow after further testing.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:19 

Nice day out, so I decided to do alittle work on the truck. Here are some pics.

Before..

This is why I am doing this.

the grill and both side amber markers were broken, so I found this really nice set at Pick and pull with new clear markers and blinkers.

Now all stipped down.

New lower Valance and blinkers.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 08:20 

And all back together.

Next I am going to order a new front smooth bumper without molding holes and start fixing all the dents and get it ready for the new paint.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2013, 17:56 

Well due to a seat malfunction on the freeway this afternoon, I had to reinstall the bench seat back into the truck. It is now up on jackstands in the shop waiting for a new carrier bearing and transmision mount. I am trying to get rid of the nasty vibration it has when your going down the freeway right around 55-60 mph. It only vibrates when you are on the gas, if your coasting it rides fine. Will get some more pics in the AM.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 09:40 

This truck is now for sale. I need the cash to put into another project

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3591778335.html

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 06:40 

SOLD!!!!! Its still be around guy that bought it lives in Puyallup. I would love to see what he does with it.